HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) – With the New Year celebrations approaching, residents can now purchase permits to purchase firecrackers.
Each fireworks permit costs $ 25.
Those who are licensed can purchase up to 5,000 individual firecrackers. People can buy multiple permits.
You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a permit.
Fireworks can only be started between 9 p.m. on New Years Day and 1 a.m. on New Years Day.
Permits must be visibly displayed during firing.
Authorities are reminding the public that aerial fireworks, including flying lanterns, are illegal. Aerial demonstrations can only be lit by licensed pyrotechnicians with the appropriate permits.
No permit is required for the purchase of novelties and paperless firecrackers.
Here’s how to apply for a fireworks permit for each county:
Residents must apply for a permit online, click here to apply.
Fireworks permit applications are only available online and require login, click here to apply.
Permits are not available online and can be picked up at various locations. For more information, click here.
Island of hawaii
Permits can be purchased from Sunday at locations around the island, such as the food court at the Parker Ranch shopping center in Kamuela from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and the fire administration office located in the Hilo County Building 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
It will also be available in various points of sale:
- KTA Puainako, 50 E. Puainako Street, Hilo
- KTA Kona; Kona Coast Shopping Center, 74-5594 Palani Rd. Kailua Kona
- Pacific Fireworks, 74-5629 Kuakini Hwy Suite 155 Kailua Kona
- J. Hara Store, 17-343 Volcano Hwy Kurtistown, HI
- BJ Alan Kona Tent, 74-5454 Makala Blvd. Kailua Kona
- Tent BJ Alan Hilo, 325 E. Maka’ala St.
- BJ Alan Tent Hilo, 111 E. Puainako St.
- TNT Tent Hilo, 381 E. Makaala St.
Copyright 2021 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.